Pinterest has attracted 70 million+ users in less than 4 years. Approx. 80% of these users are women. Moreover, the world’s top brands are on Pinterest. There is no reason why you should underestimate Pinterest as a powerful social media marketing tool.
Pinterest is all about beautiful images and “pinning”. It lets users create and share image collections for personal or business use.
When Pinterest appeared in the year 2010, it stunned the online industry with its fabulous looks and simplicity.
Despite humble beginnings, Pinterest has attracted more than 70 million users in less than four years.
The fact that one of five people on Pinterest has purchased something they have seen on the site makes Pinterest an ideal place for promoting your products or services.
If your business can benefit from image sharing and storytelling, Pinterest is for you.
Pinterest Key Stats
The Pinterest stats (as of October, 2014) that follow show a true picture of what to expect.
- Pinterest has over 70 million total users
- About 80% of Pinterest users are women
- There are 40 million+ monthly active users
- 92% Pinterest pins are done by women
- Almost 23% of users log in every day
- 84% of women and 50% of men on Pinterest stay active
Pinterest Best Practices
Pinterest can effectively build your brand reputation if you make the right start.
- Create a Pinterest Business page for your business. There is hardly any difference in the way business and personal pages look, but with business pages, you get the added advantage of analytics features.
- Choose a username that aligns with your business. It is recommended that you include your company logo in your profile picture.
- Write a short and informative business page description. Use the best of your imagination and copywriting skills to state business facts and values. Don’t forget to add your website URL to page description.
- Connect your Pinterest profile to all of your social media profiles.
- Pin stuff your audience loves. Include variety. When you keep them engaged, they keep coming back to you for more.
- Name your board creatively. Users love such boards and actively share them.
- Use Rich pins. Users love them because they help them make quick and informed decisions. A Rich pin includes extra information that is displayed right on the pin itself. Currently there are five types if rich pins: Place, Product, Recipe, Article and Film.
- Follow other businesses as it provides you an opportunity to explore what they are doing to get ahead of the competition.
- Create group boards and invite others to join it. After joining, a user can pin to your group board. This is a simple and powerful way to increase your influence.
- Tell stories about your business or niche using images on Pinterest. Pick relevant images that can effectively demonstrate your brand timeline.
- Name your images strategically to make them search-friendly.
- Connect your Pinterest profile with your website. Add buttons to let users pin and share your content.
Millions of people discover something new using Pinterest every day. So do not postpone creating your Pinterest board anymore.