Every second two new members join LinkedIn. Google generally reports LinkedIn company pages within the top 1-2 pages of search results. Fortune 500 and Fortune 100 companies are on LinkedIn. The time is just right to take your business to LinkedIn.
Hailing as the “world’s largest professional social network,” LinkedIn could be a perfect match for your business.
People as colleagues use LinkedIn to stay connected with one another and businesses use it to connect with current and potential stakeholders and employees.
The world’s biggest professional social network has many features that make it special. Take a look at the following stats (as of October, 2014).
- Every second 2 new members join LinkedIn
- LinkedIn has over 313 million members in over 200 countries and territories
- About 187 million monthly active users
- More than 3 million companies have LinkedIn pages
- About 41% people use LinkedIn via mobiles
- Over 1 billion LinkedIn endorsements
- About 93 million of LinkedIn users are from the US
- There are over 2 million Groups in LinkedIn
- More than 39 million students and recent college graduates are on LinkedIn
Can LinkedIn make a Difference to your Brand
Yes, it can. In fact, LinkedIn is a wonderful platform for generating B2B leads.
All 2013 Fortune 500 companies are on LinkedIn. A massive 94 of the Fortune 100 companies use LinkedIn to grow their business. Apart from that, more than 3 million companies have LinkedIn Company Pages.
You can effectively create brand awareness using LinkedIn by connecting with the right kind of audience and soliciting recommendations for your products.
LinkedIn Best Practices
You do not have to be a genius to get the best of LinkedIn. Use the tips below to take the pathway to success.
- Begin by creating a page for your company. Keep it up to date with relevant information. Any changes that you make to your company page will update in your followers’ newsfeeds.
- Use Portfolio profile to add rich visual details to your profile. It’s a great way to showcase everything from portfolio pieces to presentations to videos to make your profile stand out.
- Timely responses guarantee success. If your customers have any complaints, address then without delays. Provide assistance to those who need it.
- On receiving endorsements from your community members, do not forget to thank them.
- Follow your competitors’ pages to gain insights into their marketing practices.
- You must be genuine and honest with everything you do. Practice personalized interactions rather than “Add me to your network” stuff.
- Small, local discussion groups are better than large, worldwide groups. The local connection always makes people read and respond to your posts.
- When creating a Group, devise a set of rules for it. Rules will help you moderate comments and other postings without hassles.
- Add buttons to your website to let users share content on LinkedIn.
- Add buttons to your websites allowing users to share your content on LinkedIn.
- Above all, do not concentrate on increasing the number of connections. Rather, develop relationships with good people. Decide which of your contacts are worth knowing better, and then start reaching out to them.
Still thinking about taking your business to LinkedIn? Do not delay it anymore. Companies are already using LinkedIn to attract new customers and connect with target audience.