The nation is eagerly waiting for 16th January 2016; a date that is deemed to create history for Indian economy. The long awaited event will celebrate the entrepreneurial essence of Indian Youth and invite global capitalists to speak up.
Start-Up India, Stand-Up India event is being organized by Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion (DIPP) along with the support from NASSCOM, FICCI, CII, SheThePeople.tv, ecosystem player iSpirt, and Kairos Society.
The main event will be inaugurated at 09:30 am on January 16, 2016 at Vigyan Bhawan by Mr. Arun Jaitley, the honorable Union Minister of Finance and Corporate Affairs. Mrs. Nirmala Sitaraman, the minister of State for Commerce and Industry, will be the guest of honor for this occasion.
An estimated count of more than 1500 founders and CEOs of popular startups from all over India, is willing to attend the session where the Prime Minister of India, Mr. Narendra Modi will formally introduce the program and unveil the action strategy for Start-Up India, Stand-Up India.
Know more about Start-Up India
Start-Up India, Stand-Up India is a comprehensive full day workshop where the focus will be on how to startup an entrepreneurship. This will also include a break-free panel discussions on emerging topics like
- The need of growth and success for Indian Startups
- Unleashing innovation for Entrepreneurship
- Success of Women Entrepreneurs in India: Celebrating Womanhood
- Expected transformations in business due to digitization
- Improving Indian Healthcare Systems
- Making Financial Inclusion reachable for Young India
The discussion will be titled as “Show Me the Money: How do We Capitalize Entrepreneurship?” and is scheduled to be headed by Mr. Jayant Sinha, Minister of State for Finance.
Following the discussion, the next step will be “Face-to-face with Policy makers”, an exclusive Question and Answer session wherein Secretaries from top ministries and other government departments will answer your queries about the modus operandi of Indian government to create a supportive ecosystem for startups.
The objective of such an event
The key objective of Start-Up India, Stand-Up India is to strengthen the assurance by the government of India in order to develop an environment that is conducive and helps the startups grow soon.
Start-Up India, Stand-Up India Panel will include Secretaries from Department of Human Resources and Development; Department of Financial Services, Department of Electronics and Information Technology, Department of Revenue, Department of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises, Department of Corporate Affairs, Department of Economic Affairs, Department of Biotechnology, Department of Science and Technology and Department of Skill Development.
Representatives from Small Industries Development Bank of India (SIDBI) and Securities Exchange Board of India (SEBI) will also join the panel discussion under this event.
- Attend the Start-Up India, Stand-Up India event if you are also looking form some interactive sessions with international business leaders and key investors.
- The open house with capitalists like Travis Kalanick from Uber, Masayoshi Son (the founder and CEO of SoftBank) and Adam Nuemann, the man behind WeWork; can really be of good use for Indian Entrepreneurs.
- Apart from these, you will also meet over 40 top CEOs and Founders of various startups and business tycoons from the Silicon Valley who will be attending the Q&A session.
- Later in the program, there will be a special interaction with Mr. Nikesh Arora, the President and COO of SoftBank where he will discuss certain aspects related to the funding of start-ups in India.
- And finally, you can also explore the virtual exhibition organized to showcase some innovative and exceptional milestones achieved by Indian Startups.
Just like the Indian Prime Minister mentioned under the recent broadcast of his radio sequence “Mann Ki Baat”, the Start-Up India, Stand-Up India event will devise a complete action plan for Indian Startups.
The Plan will also highlight the policies being developed and initiatives undertaken by the Government of India to address various characteristics of this conducive startup system.
After considering the pivotal role of this event towards promoting the startup culture in India; many of the central universities including IITs, IIITs, IIMs and NITs have planned to telecast it live for their students.
A lot of youth groups also have shown interest in sharing the information over live streaming videos across 350 districts in different states of the country.
The Start-Up India, Stand-Up India event clearly shows that the Government of India is fully committed to change the business aspects in Indian Markets. PM Narendra Modi will address the rising questions himself and ensure the support from government by all means to help the young Indian Entrepreneurs grow.
We must all cross fingers for the success of the program and help the youth maximize the work opportunities in India. Remember a little hard-work and consistency is all we need to overcome the hurdles in our way to success.